- The awards are not open to employees or officers of 2degrees, Auckland Business Chamber, judges or other supporting partners of the 2degrees Auckland Business Awards.
- The 2degrees Auckland Business Awards are owned by the Auckland Business Chamber. 2degrees is our principal sponsor.
- Category sponsors cannot enter the category they sponsor.
- Auckland Business Chamber places a high value on the Awards. Entrants must disclose any issues that may compromise the integrity of the Awards or cause the business to discontinue in the next year. These issues may include legal action, law changes, possible loss of funding, or other risks.
- The 2degrees Auckland Business Awards programme is owned by the Auckland Business Chamber. All categories and questions related to the award programme are the intellectual property of the Auckland Business Chamber.
- The Supreme Winners from 2022 are unable to enter the 2023 category that they won in the 2021 Awards. Category winners are unable to enter the same category, however, are open to entering any other category.
- Best Emerging Business recognises a business that has achieved significant business growth during the last one to five years as a result of effective planning and delivery. The business must have started trading after 31 March 2018 validated using the NZ Companies registers Office.
- By entering these awards, you agree to sponsors having access to your contact details.
- You need to include some financial numbers to show that your business is sound and/or growing.
- All entries must include a brief business biography which includes a history of your business, highlights of what it does and any export markets (200 words maximum).
- All entries are judged against the individual award category criteria.
- There is no cost to enter the 2degrees Auckland Business Awards 2022.
- Any business of any size located in the Auckland area is eligible to enter.
- Entrants must have been trading for 12 months or more as at 31 March 2023, validated using the NZ Companies registers Office.
- If you have a brand / trading as name that differs from your legal name you must inform us within your entry so that your business can be validated using the NZ Companies registers Office.
- If your organisation is part of a larger organisation you must be able to demonstrate that you function as a separate business unit.
- A franchise is judged on its own individual/independent merit and business success not as part of the franchisor.
- Each business may enter up to three categories.
- You must enter at least one other category to opt in to enter People’s Choice.
- If you are selected as a finalist you are required to have at least one representative present at the associated Gala Dinner, this is to ensure there is someone there to represent the business and to accept the Award if you are the winner.
- All entries must be received by 3.00pm on Wednesday 28 June 2023.
- All awards entry documentation and official entry forms are treated as confidential
- All judges sign a confidentiality agreement
- Judges are assigned in a way to avoid conflicts of interest
- Applicants are not expected to provide or reveal proprietary information regarding products, processes or services
- Information regarding participation, any awards, or successful strategies may be released only after written approval from the entrant
Any business of any size located in the Auckland Central area is eligible to enter the Central Auckland awards. The Auckland Central boundaries are:
- Albert-Eden-Roskill Ward
- Maungakiekie-Tamaki Ward
- Orakei Ward
- Puketapapa Ward
- Waitemata Ward
Any business of any size located in the North & West Auckland area is eligible to enter the North & West Auckland awards. The North & West boundaries are:
- Albany Ward
- North Shore Ward
- Rodney Ward
- Whau Ward
- Waitakere Ward
- Upper Harbour and Henderson-Massey Ward
Any business of any size located in the South & East Auckland area is eligible to enter the South & East Auckland awards. The South & East Auckland boundaries are:
- Howick Ward
- Manukau Ward
- Manurewa-Papakura Ward
- Franklin Ward
For all other enquiries please contact our events team at [email protected]