- The awards are not open to employees or officers of Westpac, Auckland Chamber of Commerce, ATEED, judges or other supporting partners of the Westpac Auckland Business Awards.
- Category sponsors can not enter the category they sponsor.
- Auckland Chamber of Commerce and ATEED place high value on the Awards. Entrants must disclose any issues that may compromise the integrity of the Awards or cause the business to discontinue in the next year. These issues may include legal action, law changes, possible loss of funding, or other risks.
- The Supreme Winners from 2016 are unable to enter the 2017 Awards. Category winners are unable to enter the same category.
- All entries must be received by 4.00pm on Thursday 22 June 2017.
- By entering these awards you agree to ATEED and sponsors having access to your contact details.
- You need to include some financial numbers to show that your business is sound and/or growing.
- All entries must include a brief business biography which includes a history of your business, highlights of what it does and any export markets (200 words maximum)
- All entries are judged against the individual award category criteria.
- There is no cost to enter the Westpac Auckland Business Awards 2017
- Facilitation services are also provided free of charge to entrants
- Any business of any size located in the Auckland area is eligible to enter.
- Entrants must have been trading for 12 months or more as at 31 March 2017.
- If your organisation is part of a larger organisation you must be able to demonstrate that you function as a separate business unit.
- A franchise is judged on its own individual/independent merit and business success not as part of the franchisor.
- Each business may enter up to three categories.
- The two extra categories for West are not eligible for the Supreme Business Excellence Award or Best of the Best.
- All awards entry documentation and official entry forms are treated as confidential
- All judges sign a confidentiality agreement
- Judges are assigned in a way to avoid conflicts of interest
- Applicants are not expected to provide or reveal proprietary information regarding products, processes or services
- Information regarding participation, any awards, or successful strategies may be released only after written approval from the entrant
Any business of any size located in the Auckland Central area is eligible to enter the Central Auckland awards. The Auckland Central boundaries are:
- Albert-Eden-Roskill Ward
- Maungakiekie-Tamaki Ward
- Orakei Ward
- Puketapapa Ward
- Waitemata Ward
Any business of any size located in the North Auckland area is eligible to enter the North Auckland awards. The North Auckland boundaries are:
- Albany Ward
- North Shore Ward
- Rodney Ward
Any business of any size located in the South Auckland area is eligible to enter the South Auckland awards. The South Auckland boundaries are:
- Howick Ward
- Manukau Ward
- Manurewa-Papakura Ward
- Franklin Ward
Any business of any size located in the West Auckland area is eligible to enter the West Auckland awards. The West Auckland boundaries are:
- Whau Ward
- Waitakere Ward
- Upper Harbour and Henderson-Massey Ward
For all other enquiries please contact Rebecca Seymour-East, Major Events Manager phone 302 9910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.